Timeline: Getting date & time on onEventClickEvent

Hi all.
I wonder how to retrieve the date and time under the mouse click when handling the onEventClickEvent.
The MbscEventClickEvent has a date property but the time is always at midnight.
My goal is to split the event where the user has clicked.
Tank you in advance.

Hi,

Could you give us details about the context? What is the real world use-case? I am asking you this because the date property of the MbscEventClickEvent is the date on which the event was clicked and retrieving the date and time under the mouse click via onEventClickEvent is not possible at the moment, but knowing the use-case we can try to find an alternative solution.

Let us know your thoughts.

Hi,

I want to be able to split commitments I have (the timeline events), to specify an unavailability.

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

An alternative would be using a popup and split the event based on the entered data (start and end of the unavailability for instance), like in the Timeline CRUD demo. This way you could create two separated (new) events and delete the old one.

Let me know what you think!

Yes, this is a workaround we have in mind but less user friendly.

Maybe we could get the mouse position of the DOM event and compare with the position and size on the event below to interpolate the date time. Do you know someone who did something like this ?