Timeline support was added with Mobiscroll 5.6 along with a month/year picker grid and a multiple date input. This new view lands in the event calendar that enables horizontal time rendering with resources laid out vertically. Great for managing teams and many resources.
The timeline view is a great solution for managing significantly more resources when compared to the time-grid. While the time-grid performs really well with more columns, however the vertical listing of resources makes navigation and interaction quick and easy to understand.
Drag & drop, event resize, granular control over the time resolution, invalids, templating and everything you know and love about the Mobiscroll event calendar & scheduler works with the timeline view as well.
Check out the timeline vs time-grid example and see the time & scale configuration options. Things like dynamic view change eg. day, week, work-week should be working smoothly. As for customization, the resource template, row height and event templates can be nicely customized.
The wheel based date picker supported month and year selection form start. With this latest release we’ve added support to the calendar view where users can select a month and a year in a grid format.
Month & year -only picker
We’ve added multiple value support to the Mobiscroll input. The first implementation landed in the multiple date & time picker giving people have control over the individual values rather than just a comma separated list. This will provide a base for future multiple value select components as well.
Multi-date tag input
We are working on additional features & refinements for the timeline eg. resource hierarchy and grouping along with built-in timezone support.
- We added the year and year/month picker to the calendar. This can be controlled by setting the
dateFormatto year and year with month.
- We added multiple select inputs. This brings a new styling to mobiscroll inputs that are linked to multi-date pickers by displaying each selection as separate chips (small containers with text that stand out) on the UI.
- We added the missing
momentoption in angular, that was required by the
returnFormatto support moment objects.
- We fixed the time validation that got broken for custom time steps.
- We fixed the date validation that sometimes incorrectly jumped to values below min, or above max.
- We introduced the timeline view with horizontal time and day rendering and vertical resource listing. The timeline can be enabled and configured through the view option.
- We fixed the keyboard navigation to only allow focusing on labels from the visible month.
- We fixed the navigation logic that sometimes skipped a week if custom
- We fixed an issue where the selected value was not filled into the input in IE11.
- We fixed the event creation with click or double click, where event had no length. We also made an improvement so that the newly created event will fill the clicked cell by default.
- We fixed a styling problem where the all-day event columns were not aligned with the time grid columns in week view on small screens.
- We fixed the date header update on dynamic localization change.
- We fixed the event creation with double click, where the created event had no length. We also made an improvement so that the newly created event will fill the clicked cell by default.
- We fixed the
sourceargument of the event and cell click lifecycle events.
- We fixed the external drop, which did not work correctly for the timeline.
For the full changelog please visit our release history.
PS. You will find an upgrade guide for moving from Mobiscroll 4 to Mobiscroll 5.