Is Mobiscroll's NPM down?

All day builds in our CI (where we don’t have an NPM cache) have been failing. If I remove my local NPM cache, I can’t build locally either. No matter what I get:

npm ERR! 404 Not Found - GET https://npm.mobiscroll.com/@mobiscroll%2Freact/-/react-5.20.1.tgz
npm ERR! 404 ‘@mobiscroll/react@https://npm.mobiscroll.com/@mobiscroll%2Freact/-/react-5.20.1.tgz’ is not in this registry.

We did not have this problem until a couple hours ago and it’s impacting every build suddenly.

2 Likes

Am having same issue with the NPM currently

1 Like

Confirming same issue with "@mobiscroll/react": "5.19.2", using yarn.

Changing versions doesn’t make a difference, and mobiscroll npm gives 404 pages all over.

Tried calling the support line but they are unavailable. Created a Github issue in case mobiscroll is watching those more closely.

1 Like

Glad to see someone having the issue and that is not our CI/CD pipeline. Also when trying to change the .npmrc by login in again to mobiscroll npm, I’m getting: npm login failed. error -> 405 - HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

@Steve_Weiss @Terence_Ordona @n-glaz @adinc-eng Yes, there is an issue with our private npm registry. We are working on a fix. Thanks for the patience and sorry about the trouble!

Ok, looking forward to this fix asap – it is blocking us from a large release. Is there a workaround?

If you have a copy of the package saved in your node modules folder locally, you can manually bring it into your project file directories rather than downloading it from the NPM registry

Do you know how long it might be until this is resolved? Want to assess the cost-benefit

I’m not official Mobiscroll people, but I think they’ve solved their auth issues with NPM and latest (5.24.1) is now working for my project.

Only the latest version seems to be working, but we’re not so far off the latest version that it really matters for us, we just upgraded and it looks like it should make it through CI. We did have to create a new auth token (all our existing tokens seem to be invalid now).

Thanks for the patience! Yes, we’re manually rebuilding the packages and are making good progress. New tokens will be needed since the private npm registry had to be rebuilt internally.

In case of NPM, call a mobiscroll login in your application root folder (use your email address and password) followed by pushing the .npmrc into your repository.

In case of YARN call mobiscroll logout followed by a mobiscroll config {framework} to install the latest version or specify the exact version like mobiscroll config {framework} --version 5.22.3. This will take care of refreshing the tokens after which you can push the yarnrc.yml into your repository.

1 Like

I have the same problem, this is messing up my system in production! HELPP

Hi @ricardopinto Sorry about the trouble! Should be fixed now.

Please see:

New tokens will be needed since the private npm registry had to be rebuilt internally.

In case of NPM, call a mobiscroll login in your application root folder (use your email address and password) followed by pushing the .npmrc into your repository.

In case of YARN call mobiscroll logout followed by a mobiscroll config {framework} to install the latest version or specify the exact version like mobiscroll config {framework} --version 5.22.3 . This will take care of refreshing the tokens after which you can push the yarnrc.yml into your repository.

Thanks for being on it @kovlex!

1 Like

Thanks for the fix, @kovlex .

My team is apprehensive about using Mobiscroll’s private registry now as this outage was of a significant duration and most of us were feeling around in the dark on here for a status an hour or so after it began. Is the Mobiscroll team going to release a post-mortem about what happened and what steps are being taken to prevent this from happening again?

Interesting to note that this happened the day after FontAwesome’s outage – fortunately they have a status page so it was clear the problem was on their end after apps depending on their kits started breaking.

1 Like

Hi kovlex, mobiscroll logout followed by mobiscroll config 5.19.1 doesn’t result in a yarnrc.yml, it results in the trial version of mobiscroll being installed and npmrc being cleared out rather than refreshed:

@n-glaz Hey Nick, sounds like you have used a trial account and not the account that is assigned to the license. Could you double check that?

If you still have trouble please reach out to support@mobiscroll.com so that someone can help you out.

@n-glaz sure thing! The problem was that our server hosting the private npm registry project had some issues and wasn’t reachable. After a quick investigation it turned out that we couldn’t quickly recover from it and the best course of action was to migrate the project to a different server. Setting it up and gradually rebuilding and publishing the packages took more time than expected, which we want to bring down to 30 minutes. We are also planning infrastructure updates to make this more robust.

An update post will go out shortly with more details and the guide on how to refresh the tokens.

Appreciate you sticking with us and the continued trust!

1 Like

My credentials work on the mobiscroll.com site and here. But I tried both mobiscroll login and mobiscroll config angular and after entering my credentials, I get the following error message:

npm login failed.

URL is not defined
If the problem persists get in touch at support@mobiscroll.com

Figured out my issue. Needed to use a newer version of node.

1 Like