Having trouble with recurring schedule events

I’ve configured my system to use the SyncFusion scheduler control, but I’d like to switch it to the Mobiscroll scheduler if it will suit my needs, I just need a little help understanding how it works.

I’m generating events json to pass into the scheduler but for some reason it’s not understanding my recurrence rules. The scheduler is showing these three events on the start dates specified (June 25, June 28 and June 9) which is a good start, but they’re not showing as recurring. Please have a look and help me figure out where I’m going wrong in regards to the recurrence rule.

For example I have in my json: “recurring”:“FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,FR;UNTIL=2020-08-09”

Is this not the right format?

Here is the full json string I’m passing in.

[{"
    Recurrence":true,
    "AllDay":false,
    "Id":"183",
    "text":"Farida Work",
    "Description":"",
    "color":"#108531",
    "start":"2020-06-25T09:00:00",
    "end":"2020-06-25T16:00:00",
    "recurring":"FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,FR;UNTIL=2020-08-09",
    "StartTimeZone":"UTC -7:00",
    "EndTimeZone":"UTC -7:00",
    "TextColour":"white",
    "Staffid":"4"
},{
    "Recurrence":true,
    "Id":"184",
    "text":"Kaitlynn Work",
    "color":"#DE1FCE",
    "start":"2020-06-18T09:00:00",
    "end":"2020-06-18T16:00:00",
    "recurring":"FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH;UNTIL=20200724T235959Z",
    "Staffid":"5"
},{
    "Recurrence":true,
    "Id":"186",
    "text":"Nicolas Work",
    "color":"#E07A1B",
    "start":"2020-06-09T09:00:00",
    "end":"2020-06-09T16:00:00",
    "recurring":"FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE;UNTIL=2020-12-12",
    "Staffid":"1"
}]`

Hi @Vincent_Wansink :wave:

Sorry about the trouble!

Here you can find the documentation for Recurrence, which could be helpful: Responsive event calendar documentation for JQuery | Mobiscroll.

Also you are welcome to check out the example for Recurring events: https://demo.mobiscroll.com/v5/jquery/scheduler/recurring-events#.

Let me know if this helps or if something is still unclear.

Hello @Vincent_Wansink :wave:

We looked into this a bit deeper and it looks like there was a bug which occurred this issue.
Don’t worry the new Beta-3 is just released and in this version, this bug was fixed.

So can you please download and use the latest Mobiscroll V5 (Beta-3) version :wink:

Let me know if that solved this issue!

I could download the beta but does it include the tab control? Cause I tried the beta yesterday and the tabs weren’t working. And is there anything else missing from the beta?

Hi @Vincent_Wansink :wave:

Are you referring to the Navigation Tabs component?
If yes, the Navigation is not yet available in the Beta.

Yes, I mean the navigation tabs. Hopefully they’ll be ready soon? I’d love to try out the beta but I’m using Mobiscroll quite a bit in this project so I kind of need all the components to be there. Do you have an ETA on a complete build?