Custom snapping for events?

Hi,

is it possible to set custom snapping rules for events? As you can see in my screenshot, we have two events. “Session 207029” ends at 16:15 o’clock. All events snap to each 15 minutes. If I drag the right edge of that session, I can only set it to 16:22 by opening the popup, which is fine but not ideal. Best would be a way to set custom snap points that equal the start and end of other events, not depending on an events resource.

Hi @CMS_Hasche_Sigle :wave:

Sure, you can override the event snap time with the dragTimeStep option.

Example: Timeline Move, resize & create Example | Mobiscroll.

Sadly not a solution. At the time of “onEventDragStart”, when this would have to be calculated in our case, dragTimeStep seemingly can not be changed.

Example:

onEventDragStart: function (event, inst) {
                inst.setOptions({
                    dragTimeStep: 30
                });
            },

does not work

That’s right, the dragTimeStep can’t be specified on event bases. But wouldn’t solve your requirement if you set it for all events? - or am I understanding something incorrectly?

But wouldn’t solve your requirement if you set it for all events?

No. Imagine we have 3 resources. Resource A has an event that starts at 4:17 and ends at 5:37. Resource B has an event that starts at 8:05 and ends at 9:07.

If I drag any event in Resource C, the events (starts and stops) in Resource C should be able to snap to any 15 minute mark and to 4:17, 5:37, 8:05 and 9:07. Basically an array of possible snapping points.

I created a workaround that, on Event Drag Stop, checks if start or end are within 5 minutes of any other events starts or ends and sets them to those other values, but I’m not sure how reliable and error-safe that is.